Choral Composition Contest
The Ames Children’s Choirs (ACC) is holding a choral composition contest.
The awarded work will be premiered at the ACC 20th Anniversary Celebration Concert in Ames Iowa.
At least one of the following qualifications should be met:
- Born in Iowa
- Graduated from an Iowa high school or college
- Residing in Iowa for at least two years
- Choral work for treble choir (SA)
- One or two vocal lines with piano accompaniment (obbligato instrument or percussion optional)
- Text and setting suitable for children ages 8-18 with unchanged voices
- Three to five minutes duration
- Composers may use Lyndsey Wyckoff’s poem or select own text (rights must be obtained and evidence of permission provided if choosing own text).
- Unpublished works only
- Email submissions to email@example.com by January 1, 2015.
- Preferred formats are pdf with mp3 (sound recordings are optional).
- Proof of Iowa composer eligibility must be submitted with the application.
- For further inquiries, please send email:firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The winner and participants will be contacted by February 1, 2015.
- Prize amount: $500
- Ames Children’s Choirs has the option of withholding the award if no entry is found to be suitable.
- Ames Children’s Choirs will premiere the choral work on May 10, 2015.